This post may contain affiliate links. See site Terms here.
Best Easy Beef Tacos
Sometimes I find the simplest meals are the biggest crowd pleasers. My family has loved these Beef Tacos for years! They are so simple but have the best seasoning, so the toppings don’t need to be extravagant.
My best tip is to add a little water to the beef when you add the seasonings, and let the seasonings simmer in the water. This helps break down the dried spices but also coats the beef in a little sauce. It adds so much flavor.
My other tip is to try and find fresh made tortillas in your grocery store bakery area. Not all have them but a lot do… they are made fresh every day and don’t have all the preservatives of shelf-stable tortillas. They taste so soft and chewy!
Either way, any tortillas you use will taste delicious on these tacos.
Best Easy Beef Tacos
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. montreal steak seasoning (can sub black pepper if you don't have this)
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- cayenne (optional- add 1/2 – 1 tsp. if you want some heat in your beef)
- soft flour tortillas (look for fresh made ones in your bakery section – they taste so much better than the ones on the shelf)
- chopped tomatoes
- sour cream (Tillamook brand tastes so much better than others, IMO! Much creamier.)
- sliced avocado
- shredded cheese (can also use queso fresco cheese, crumbled)
- thin sliced iceberg lettuce
- limes, optional
- Cook ground beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Break up chunks of meat as you go, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, combine spices in a separate bowl. Once meat has browned, add spices evenly over meat and mix to incorporate.
- Add a 1/4 c. of water, and mix together so spices simmer in the water a bit (can add a little more water if it cooks off too fast). This helps make a little sauce that coats the beef. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes. Then remove cover and let cook 2 more minutes or until much of the water has evaporated and it's the consistency you'd like.
- Assemble tacos by adding beef to each soft shell, then topping with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cheese, sour cream, and a little lime juice. These tacos are simple but so flavorful. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make the Best Easy Beef Tacos, and tag me @plumstreetcollective on Instagram with photos of your meal.