This post may contain affiliate links. See site Terms here.
This Gut-Friendly Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette is bright and flavorful, and made with only clean ingredients that are great for your gut! (And it tastes great on any of my salads but especially on this Smoked Salmon & Blueberry Arugula Salad)
After struggling with some gut health issues for the past year, I got a gut biome test with my doctor (this is the one I used through my doctor, and she helped me go over each of the results). I actually thought Biohm did a great job with making the test easy (not sponsored! just a great process) and my results were processed quickly – if you do the test, be sure the go over the results with your doctor.
After getting the results and scoring poor gut health (some of the issues are genetic, some linked to my anti-anxiety medicine), I’ve started on a regimen with my doctor to get as many gut-friendly foods into my system as possible (in addition to lots of gut health supplements she gave me).
Below is a list of each element of the salad and dressing, and the gut-health properties:
- Lemons: rich in fiber and vitamin C, which protects the cells against free radicals, and has the potential to reduce gut inflammation and boost the immune system
- Apple Cider Vinegar: contains acetic acid which boosts digestion and discourages harmful gut bacteria, it can improve glucose response, and contains polyphenols which can fight off cell damage from diseases like cancer
- Olive Oil: reduces inflammation throughout the body including the gastrointestinal tract
- Whole Grain Mustard: great source of dietary fiber, magnesium, calcium and iron, and mustard seeds contain sinigrin which is a powerful antioxidant
- Cashews: Cashews contain dietary fibers that aid in digestion, unsaturated fatty acids, and polyphenols
Gut-Friendly Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette
This Gut-Friendly Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette is bright and flavorful, and made with only clean ingredients that are great for your gut! Made with fresh squeezed lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, whole grain mustard, and cashews, it is bursting with flavor and really good for your digestive system.
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup cashews, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup water
In a high-speed blender or food processor, add all ingredients except water.
Puree on high until ingredients are completely blended, even the cashews.
As you blend the cashews they will make the mixture thick – as it becomes harder to blend them, slowly pour water into the dressing a little at a time , with the mixer on low.
Add just enough water to loosen up the ingredients and get it all blending well. Depending on your blender you may need more or less.
Once it is all blended and smooth, the dressing is done! Store in the fridge (it tastes great chilled!) in an airtight container for up to a week. If it gets too thick to pour, just add a tiny bit of water and stir.
I really hope – especially if you’re trying to improve your gut health – that you get a chance to make this delicious Gut-Friendly Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette – if you do, be sure to send photos tag me @plumstreetcollective on Instagram. Thanks for reading!
Leave a Reply