This post may contain affiliate links. See site Terms here.
This Peach Crostini Appetizer is easy to prep and so delicious – with peach jam, crème fraiche, basil, and balsamic glaze on a mini toast. This combination of flavors is what I would call insanely addictive. Whenever I’ve made this for a book club, or bunco night, or baby shower we cannot stop eating these delicious little crostinis. You will love them!
The best part about this Peach Crostini Appetizer is it tastes gourmet but only takes a couple minutes to make. Hope you’ll give it a try. Have you ever made crostinis before? Full recipe below.
All you’ll need for this recipe is:
- Small bread rounds (can either cut up one baguette into slices or buy them pre-sliced)
- Peach jam
- Crème fraiche
- Balsamic glaze
- Fresh basil
All About Crème Fraiche
Creme Fraiche is a thick cultured cream, that is made from dairy cream with a slightly soured bacteria. It is less tangy, thicker, and richer than sour cream – I prefer it to sour cream in flavor and texture. And in this appetizer it adds the perfect creamy richness to the sweet peach jam. In French, crème fraiche literally means fresh cream – and it really tastes like that. It’s thick and delicious. You can easily find it at Trader Joe’s or in the specialty deli/cheese sections of your traditional grocery store. Vermont Creamery has a great one too.
Peach Crostini Appetizer
- 1-2 baguettes, sliced into thin rounds (to save time you can sometimes find these pre-sliced in the bakery section)
- peach jam
- crème fraiche (found in the specialty cheese section)
- balsamic glaze
- fresh basil, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice baguette into small ½ inch thick pieces.
- Arrange onto a baking sheet.
- On each piece of bread, layer the peach jam, then a tiny dollop of crème fraiche.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until bread starts to turn just golden brown.- Remove from oven and top each slice with balsamic glaze and chopped basil. Enjoy!
I hope you get to make this Peach Crostini Appetizer and that the recipe is a hit with your family & friends. Be sure to tag me me @plumstreetcollective on Instagram if you make these!