This post may contain affiliate links. See site Terms here.
Pan Seared Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Bacon
Oh this dish is so good. If you want a side (or a meal!) that is mostly greens, full of nutrients, delicious, and easy, then try this soon. These Pan Seared Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Bacon can be made with our without the bacon and fresh parm on top, but don’t skip the lemon. It gives the warm caramelized brussels sprouts a delicious burst of freshness. This is my favorite kind of extra virgin olive oil – it doesn’t smoke easily and cooks really well. I think you can get it at most grocery stores too!
Pan Seared Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Bacon
- 1 lb. Bruseels sprouts ends chopped off
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 strips turkey bacon or regular bacon, cooked and chopped
- juice of one lemon
- fresh shaved Parmesan for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- After cutting bottoms off Brussels sprouts, place into food processor with slicer attachment. Pulse until all are sliced/shaved. (This is a quick and easy way to slice them thinly, however you can easily slice them with a knife too if you don't have a food processor.)
- In a large sautee pan, add olive oil. Set heat to medium high and heat until oil is very warm.
- Add shaved Brussels sprouts. Stir every minute or so to cook them evenly. Continue to cook and stir until Brussels sprouts become slightly charred / caramelized.
- Once cooked through, add chopped bacon as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, squeeze the juice of one lemon over Brussels sprouts and mix well. Add fresh parm just before serving.
If you’re not eating meat or dairy, you can easily omit the bacon or cheese. However, if you keep them in they add a great flavor to the dish. I hope you’ll try these Pan Seared Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Bacon soon – once you know how to make Brussels sprouts you realize how easy they are! And when they’re cooked well enough there’s no bitter flavor. They really are delicious! (And one of the healthiest foods you can eat.)
Hope you love it as much as I do.